Summer PR & Marketing Intern
Gain professional nonprofit PR & Marketing experience while promoting full inclusion for people with disabilities.
We are looking for a dedicated, detail-oriented and creative intern to work with us 15-18 hours a week (M-F between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.) during the Summer Semester
Assist with updates to the agency website and creative implementation of digital strategies as needed
Writing, editing and research projects
• Responsible for writing and editing a wide range of print and online materials to support the agency
• Research to support writing and editing, as well as to inform departmental initiatives
Assist with compilation of quarterly print newsletter
• Assist with editing of First Look newsletter
• Assist with all elements of production, gaining hands on experience in multiple stages of creating magazine-style newsletter
Assist with compilation of weekly electronic newsletter
Assist with maintaining agency blog
• Edit and upload posts weekly, occasional post writing/compilation
• Stay up-to-date on current best practices for blogging
• Assist with special events planning and execution of support tasks for annual fundraising events and donation drives as assigned, including:
o Helping with publicity
o Writing, editing and potentially designing materials
o Assisting with press conferences as needed
o Campus outreach
• Update media list and preferred method for contact as needed
• Save photos and graphics to server in timely fashion, coordination of photo shoots possible
Other tasks as assigned
Potential exists to expand position based on skills and interests, including photography or graphic design work for those who have skills and experience in that area
Junior or Senior Standing. Major in journalism, English, PR, marketing, communications preferred. Must be enrolled as a current student. Internship is unpaid. College credit may be available. Graphic design, photography or videography experience a plus. Conceptual creativity desired, ideas welcome!
Must be flexible, organized, cooperative, dependable and a self starter. A positive attitude, good phone skills and ability to effectively use Microsoft office suite in a networked environment are also expected. Should be comfortable with internet social media applications, including Facebook and Twitter (YouTube experience a plus), and have solid writing skills. A familiarity with website administration is a plus but not essential if able to learn.
Submit resume, letter of intent and two relevant writing samples, and sell us on why you’d like to work with us creatively! Must pass background check. Submit resume, letter of intent and two writing samples by e-mail to email@example.com. Position open until filled.