A career at Meijer is so much more than just a paycheck. Meijer was built on one family’s dream with the goal of helping people and now more than 80 years later that’s exactly what we’ve done and will always do. Today, Meijer is the 19th largest privately held company – with more than 70,000 team members across six Midwest states. As the pioneer of the “one-stop shopping” concept, Meijer values innovation and fresh ideas from each and every Team Member. Meijer also offers countless opportunities for professional career growth, personal enrichment and truly invests in your success. Whether you join one of our retail stores, distribution centers, or corporate offices, as a Meijer Team Member you become more than just an employee…you become a member of the family.
Meijer is seeking candidates for Retail Store Internship opportunities! Join our program to get experience in your field while also learning more about the retail industry and the breadth of career opportunities that support the shopper experience. Your internship will include interaction with other interns, experts in your area of study, and Meijer senior leadership.
The Meijer Retail Store Internship Program will provide college students with a well-rounded retail educational experience that will walk an Intern through all departments of Store Operations. During the student’s internship, they will be guided and supported through the program by a Mentor that was hand-picked to champion our culture and values. Your internship will include interaction with other interns, experts in your area of study, and Meijer senior leadership.
At the end of the Retail Store Internship Program students will be able to:
- Develop valuable managerial skills to succeed in a retail environment
- Have a clear and concise understanding of retail operations
- Potential to participate in the Retail Leadership Development Program
The Meijer Retail Store Internship Program is an experiential education program designed for students currently enrolled in an academic degree program, who are considering future careers in this exciting field.
- Progress toward an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Management, Operations, or related field
- Ability to work flexible shifts (primarily days) to gain exposure to the full operation of the store
- Prior experience in Retail strongly preferred
- Past leadership responsibilities in work or extracurricular activities strongly preferred
- Passion for Retail and a desire to enter a career in store management
- Drive for results – has focus on the bottom line
- Customer focus – dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers
- Relationship Skills – can create positive working relationships with customers, team members, leadership, and other internal and external constituencies
- Communication Skills – conveys the right information in writing and verbally
To apply, please visit jobs.meijer.com and complete an application.
United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County (UWGMWC) has a great opportunity to join the Resource Development department as an Administrative Assistant!
United Way is the largest privately-funded nonprofit in the world! Funds raised through UWGMWC remain local and are invested in nearly 220-plus programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners.
POSITION OVERVIEW This is not just any Administrative Assistant position! In this role you’ll use your expert-level detail-orientation and accuracy to lead our Major Gifts administrative efforts, frequently coordinating with peers in local companies. You’ll provide administrative support to the Vice President of Resource Development and the Major Gifts team, with back-up support to the Chief Executive Officer. You’ll also provide administrative support to annual Community Campaign Co-chairs and the Campaign Cabinet. In this position it’s critical to recognize and maintain the confidentiality and sensitive nature of division matters, anticipate potential problems, and develop solutions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR VICE PRESIDENT OF RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND MAJOR GIFTS TEAM
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President – Resource Development and provide back-up support for CEO as needed including organizing, planning and follow-through.
- Coordinate meeting activities including scheduling, sending meeting notices, handling meeting set-up, preparation of materials/supplies, contacting volunteers and preparing agendas.
- Prepare minutes and take notes for meetings, including Campaign co-chair meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Coordinate the production of key division documents, including but not limited to all Jane Bradley Pettit and Tocqueville Society solicitation materials.
- Assist Major Gifts staff in the planning and coordination of meetings, division reports, and other fund development activities.
- Assist department staff in fulfilling campaign timelines for Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit Society solicitations and special gifts/individuals.
- Lead the thank you process for Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit donors to ensure timely and accurate recognition of donors.
- Work with Resource Development staff on the accuracy of the Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit Society members in the leadership registry.
- Gather and submit data to United Way Worldwide for the National Tocqueville Registry.
- Assist with ANDAR (donor database) system maintenance for Major Gifts records, and ensure account data is accurate and up to date.
- Aid in obtaining (and approval for using) volunteer letterhead and signatures.
- Coordinate the invitation mailings of Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit Society events and manage the RSVP process, communicating status of responses with manager; provide some phone follow up.
- Maintain office documentation for Tocqueville and Jane Bradley Pettit Society.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT ANNUAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR & CABINET ORGANIZATION
- Maintain a campaign calendar of meetings which include but are not limited to cabinet meetings, Campaign kickoff and finale, and corporate solicitation calls for all Community Campaign Co-Chairs.
- Serve as a point person for co-chair assistants.
- Obtain co-chair signatures for mailings.
- Assemble co-chair meeting materials.
- Send meeting reminders before the co-chair meetings.
- Keep attendance for Cabinet Meetings and prepare minutes for all co-chair meetings.
- Maintain updated and accurate cabinet rosters, including current contact information, throughout the year.
- Enter/update cabinet member information in ANDAR including volunteer activities.
- Responsible for cabinet meeting attendance list; name tents; name badges, seating charts, room setup, ordering food, etc.
- Provide cabinet & assistants’ emails to IT for entry onto main email lists.
- Send cabinet welcome packet.
- Send weekly updates and communication to all campaign cabinet members with campaign status and updates.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR OTHER RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Register Resource Development professionals and VP Resource Development for external luncheons and events.
- Conduct research as directed using local publications, websites or other sources.
- Order Resource Development division’s office supplies when necessary.
ADMINISTRATIVE BACKUP SUPPORT
Understand administrative procedures and be able to provide backup to all other Resource Development department support staff if necessary.
RECEPTION AREA COVERAGE
- Cover switchboard on designated Fridays, breaks and as needed on other days.
- Work with front desk team to ensure coverage when you are not available on your scheduled day.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting callers and visitors.
- Route business calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Assess situations and obtain help as needed for visitors and callers, including referring to 211 or other services.
Actively participate in special work-groups and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED and minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or other similar programs. Ability to produce and edit complex spreadsheets that include formulas. Ability to manage multiple calendars – experience with scheduling executives a plus.
- Ability to take meeting minutes, and communicate and interact well with all employee levels.
- Demonstrated skills in letter and memo writing and development. Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational details.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a complex environment using technical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical abilities, also demonstrating the ability to anticipate problems and identify and implement solutions when needed.
- Ability to work independently, recognize tasks, implement, and follow through to completion. Proactively communicates with team members on status of projects, tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve and work with flexibility. Able to quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to remain productive and calm in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what to spend time on; completes work in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Responsible for producing error-free documents.
- High level of attention to detail.
TO APPLY: For further job criteria and complete details, click on: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/28717794. If you meet or exceed job requirements, please apply directly at this web address today. Please indicate salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EARN MONEY WHILE YOU HELP SOMEONE IN NEED
If you are studying for a career in a medical field, why not get some hands-on experience by joining our team.
We are looking for caregivers that have a sincere desire to help others. Help us provide supportive care to the elderly. Overnight and weekend shifts are available.
If you are interested in making a difference in someone’s life and enjoy helping others, please contact us.
Call Julie today to learn more about this opportunity.
Job Title: Retention Representatives
Spectrum Department: Customer Operations – Residential Retention Call Center
Location: 1320 N. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr. Milwaukee, WI 53212
Hours of Operation: Shift schedules will vary within the following: Monday–Sunday
7:00am – 12:00am
What’s in it for you?
- A compensation package that includes a $13.30/Hr. Base + uncapped commissions = an annual salary potential of $60k+
- A robust benefits package including:
o Medical, Dental, Vision
o Matched 401(k)
o Paid Vacation Time, Sick Leave, Personal Days and Holidays
o Free/Discounted Cable, Internet and Phone Services
You are a match for the Retention role if you:
- Have 1-2 years of commission sales driven experience and display a drive to achieve goals
- Have a proven ability in overcoming objections and ability to deal with rejection
- Know how to negotiate & educate the customer
- Utilize effective listening skills with high level of probing questions
- Possess the ability to empathize and correctly identify and resolve customer concerns
Some of your essential job functions will be:
- Confidently manage disconnect/downgrade calls from existing customers
- Skillfully retain customers using positive value driven negotiation & relationship building
- Diffuse the irate customer by utilizing strong listening skills and probing questions
- Identify reason(s) for disconnect requests and overcome objections to save the customer
- Save and re-sell based on the value of products and services by properly aligning
- Meet & exceed productivity metrics to ensure quality, service standards and department goals are met
Please use a Laptop/ PC to complete both your application and assessment – a mobile device will not work
Visit: https://jobs.spectrum.com Enter Keyword: Retention Location: Milwaukee, WI
Grow with us
Spectrum is America’s fastest growing TV, Internet and Voice Company
November Talent Search for Representatives
To Join The Milwaukee Spectrum Retention Call Center Team
To receive a same day interview the following 3 steps must be completed in advance:
- Complete the online application: http://bit.ly/SpectrumRetentionMilw & upload your resume
- Complete the REQUIRED Assessment from a laptop or PC – the link will be emailed to you
- Speak with a Spectrum Recruiter for a confirmed time – they will contact you once items 1 and 2 are successfully completed
Event Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Time: 1pm to 5pm
Location: 1320 N. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr. – Milwaukee WI 53212
Group presentations will be scheduled to begin at the top of and half past the hour. Individual interviews will be
immediately following the group presentation.
- Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion are central to our corporate
values and essential to our vision, strategy and
continued success. Spectrum has a long-standing
history of commitment to diversity that is reflected in
efforts like Employee Networks, Diversity Councils,
Spectrum employs more than 12,000 veterans. We
look for talented individuals with military
backgrounds and offer some great benefits for all of
Flexible benefit options are part of what makes
Spectrum a great place to work. From health
insurance to retirement, we help our employees
live better and work better.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Our communities are the very foundation of our
business, and we are passionate about giving back to
where we live and work.
Hiring Now For Our Seasonal Team!
We are looking for people who love the outdoors and thrive in a fast-paced workplace.
- Competitive pay
- A generous employee discount
- Holiday pay for worked holidays
Find directions at LLBEAN.COM/STORES
Immediate interviews available