Night-Time Air talent
- Preparation for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and direction from the programming staff. Personality must be upbeat and entertaining and be able to relate to station audience
- Be current with relevant daily material
- Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
- Maintain a website personality page. Must be kept up-to-date with relevant material that is appropriate for the given station.
- Search out and share all possible web content with the Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
- Participate in regular listening/air check sessions for critique with the Program Director.
- Participate in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Make regular approved appearances at station events
- Assist with the voice over and production of spots required to run on the station.
- Be an ambassador for the radio station when out in public. Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
- Minimum of two (2) years of on-air radio experience required, excellent verbal and communication skills, outstanding ability to relate and communicate with target audience, positive attitude both on and off the air
- Strongly versed and documentable experience in social networking and blogging.
- Familiar with station automation systems, Vox Pro, Pro Tools or similar systems.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
- Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, punctual, and be a team player with a cooperative attitude
- Applicant must provide engaging and compelling on-air content
Local Sales Manager
Are you ready to take that next step in your media sales career? Are you tired of working for media companies that just don’t get it? Do you feel that you spend more time “selling” corporate than you do managing and growing your salespeople? If you want to work for a company that puts an emphasis on coaching and developing salespeople, we want to talk to you about joining our team as a Local Sales Manager for Entercom Communications, Milwaukee.
We are looking for a person who will take an active role in leading new business development and implementing innovative initiatives among our cluster of radio stations and digital platforms. You will lead a talented sales force that has the assets to win including 99.1 WMYX, SportsRadio1250 WSSP, and 103.7 KISS FM.
Who are we and what can we offer you?
- Entercom Communications was named one of the Top 500 Technology Innovators in the US
- At Entercom Milwaukee we have the resources to help our clients including live and local programming, digital advertising, sponsorships, event marketing, and customer focused promotions
- We are a results oriented environment and believe in rewarding your sales management achievements
- You will be working for a company that offers opportunities for advancement and growth in your career
- Developing salespeople through individual coaching and in-field coaching
- Implementing the coaching, training, problem solving, support, motivation or information salespeople need in order to meet their sales objectives
- Take an active role in establishing and growing relationships with new local direct and agency business
- Help our sales team utilize all of our tools, resources, and assets to generate revenue
- Develop and execute plans for revenue growth
- Accurately forecast revenue
- Engage and develop relationships with other departments within the organization to facilitate teamwork and revenue growth
- Must have radio or media sales management experience with a proven track record of results
- Excellent ability to solve problems, develop creative solutions, and properly position premium products
- A proven ability to lead, motivate, coach, and train others
- Welcomes accountability and sweats the details
- Computer literate and competent in all basic software, CRS and traffic systems
If you are ready to come innovate and create the future of radio, we’re ready to talk! Please apply today in confidence. Entercom Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer.
Sales Recruitment Specialist
We are looking for a Sales Recruitment Specialist who understands the art of sales and can find the best talent to support our growth as a top tier media company. As our Sales Recruitment Specialist, you will be responsible for sourcing all levels of sales candidates for our radio stations across the country. If you love recruiting because you are competitive and driven to achieve top results and know how to find salespeople who feel the same way, we need you!
- Proactively implement recruitment strategies including sourcing passive candidates, utilizing social media, online database recruitment, cold-calling, networking and career events
- Work closely with management to review hiring needs, understand job requirements and develop specific strategies for each market
- Develop and implement a successful employee referral program
- Be a champion for the radio industry and our company
- Conduct telephone interviews to qualify applicants
- Ensure timely communication with all candidates and hiring managers, providing stellar customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date candidate information in our recruiting database
- Prepare sourcing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales recruitment sourcing role required
- Proven track record of success in sourcing passive sales candidates at all levels
- Expert in internet and social media recruiting techniques
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport over the phone
- Demonstrated ability to devise recruitment strategies and work independently to fulfill them
- Experience with ATS program
- Strong interviewing skills
- Computer savvy
- Quick learner with a relentlessly positive attitude and the ability to work well with all levels of experience and backgrounds
- Someone who sweats the details and is always one step ahead of everyone else
- $50,000-$70,000 annual salary
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, 401K, and Vacation
If you are passionate, persuasive and motivated by success…well why aren’t you on our team?!
Account Executives/Experienced: All Stations
Are you the best of the best? Here’s a chance to work for Entercom Radio. We’re looking for a few really good, EXPERIENCED sellers. Reps who want to move their career up with a terrific company, high achievers who write riveting sales proposals and clearly communicate product benefits. Sellers who quickly and compassionately find client needs, tailor advertising campaigns to meet those needs, and then passionately SELLS them. Our focus is attaining results for our clients. Entercom Milwaukee has the latest tools and technology, the most knowledgeable management and is known as offering the best work environment for selling radio advertising in the industry. Here’s your opportunity to have a lot of fun and make a lot of money.
This is a full time position and requires Sales experience. Entercom offers a full line of benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. If you like selling programs that you can believe in then this is the job for you! We have a limited number of openings and are ready to hire today!
Sales Associate/All Stations
Are you interested in getting into sales? Well we’ve designed a program so that if you have “no experience,” we’ll get you the experience you need to start your career in Radio Sales. Entercom is looking for someone who has the interest, desire and passion to have a career in sales. This person must have a college degree and strong communication skills (some part or full-time outside sales experience is preferred).
The Sales Associate will provide internal sales support to Account Executives and Sales Managers. Projects include processing qualitative and quantitative marketing data and administrative tasks, such as filing and database entry. The Sales Associate will participate in external sales calls with Account Executives. The process of assisting salespeople in prospecting and even conducting cold calls on the telephone is encouraged at advanced stages. Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop or similar and some HTML and content management system experience desirable. Ideal candidate will have some graphic design experience.
This is a full time position and with some Sales experience preferred. Entercom offers a full line of benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance.
Part Time Promotions Assistant
103.7 KISS-FM, 99.1 WMYX the Mix, and SportsRadio 1250-AM are currently recruiting for part-time Promotion Assistants. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a Public Relations representative for the 3 stations in the community, at concerts, movie premieres, retail appearances, charity events, city festivals, parades, sporting events, live broadcasts, and more
- Act as Customer Service representative for clients and listeners at events
- Effectively oversee, coordinate and perform necessary service for the proper execution of all on-premise sales/station events
- Manage and train unpaid interns
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum one year certificate from college or technical school; three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Other Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid WI driver’s license and state mandated auto insurance. Must have a clean driving record. Must have access to e-mail on a daily basis.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- New members to our team will be highly energetic, passionate, computer literate, detail oriented, organized, possess excellent public relations/people skills. They will have the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure and must be willing to work long, varied hours (mostly nights and weekends).
To apply for this position, please email your resume to the on site promotions manager, Will Fuentes at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Internship programs are available for college students receiving college credit. Interns must be earning college credit and must be age 18 or older.
Entercom Milwaukee offers an opportunity for students to apply classroom theory to practical work experience. Our internship program allows students to experience firsthand the reality of working in the radio broadcasting industry. Interns can test their creative talent, exercise their analytical skills and increase their understanding of broadcasting operations and trends. Internships are available year-round, and hours vary per week, with specific days and times agreed upon in advance. All interns must be enrolled in a College or University and receiving college credit.
Students are expected to obtain and complete any forms necessary to receive credit for the internship experience. Entercom Milwaukee will assist students with the completion of such forms and provide information concerning duties and responsibilities. Internships are available for WMYX-FM, WSSP-AM and in various departments.
INTERNS ARE NON-PAID POSITIONS.
Sales and Marketing Intern/All Stations
Are you interested in getting into sales? Well we’ve designed a program so that if you have “no experience,” we’ll get you the experience you need to start your career in Radio Sales.
Entercom is looking for someone who has the interest, desire and passion to have a career in sales. This person must be currently enrolled in a business or marketing program at a university or college and have strong communication skills.
The Sales and Marketing Intern will provide internal sales support to Account Executives and Sales Managers.
Projects include processing qualitative and quantitative marketing data, assisting with call prep and presentations and administrative tasks, such as filing and database entry.
The Sales and Marketing Intern will participate in external sales calls with Account Executives.
This unpaid 20+ hours per week internship is available each semester for up to two students.
Sports Radio Internship
Sportsradio 1250 WSSP is currently accepting internship applications for those interested in gaining hands-on experience in many facets of our station. Real-world duties include: website content management, social media site updates, news gathering, writing and covering professional and college teams in SE Wisconsin.
No classroom can quite teach the actual ‘hands-on’ experience. You’ll be invited to learn from some of the best in the business. If you’re interested in building your resume and have an interest in sports radio, this internship is a MUST for you. Please contact Chuck Freimund, WSSP Radio, email@example.com